Saturday, August 19, 2006

The rrr radiothon is almost over. I have to say that this last week has been super-enjoyable listening. Highlights: Gary Young and co playing rockabilly blues live in the studio on the Chicken Mary show on Monday, presenter and guests singing along with the tracks on The Word on Tuesday, GWB's version of Imagine on On The Blower yesterday (hilarious!).
I just love the way the various contributors to various shows all come in to the studio and chat with the show's host, exhort listeners to subscribe, etc. It's been really energetic radio fuelled by people who really love what they're doing. You can't help but love it too. (Well, I can't at least)
It's the station's 30th birthday in November and I can't wait to hear what goes on then. 30 years for a public, community station is pretty good going I reckon.

No comments: