Thursday, January 31, 2008
After work on Sunday I went to Laurie's b'day bash at the Tav. They'd all been at it since noon and were a tad pissed. I wasn't and they were irritating me. Funny how drunks are fine when you're one yourself but when you're sober they become intensely annoying. Anyway, I thought "Bugger this, I'm going back to the Island." So I did. Raced the sun all the way there and arrived in time for lots of sunset shots. Some worked, some didn't.
Monday started with the usual walk along the beach. Then it was time to pack up and clean the house. Then fish and chips on the beach. Then home.
Yesterday was just a lazy day at home but did bring another spectacular sky.
Today - back to work :(
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
2. I would like to go back to Phillip Island for the rest of the weekend, please.
3. Well cooked food tastes SO good!
4. Tuesday is my favorite day of the week because it's my day off.
5. The nail on the little finger of my left hand is my best feature.
6. We could learn so much from those who went before, if only we'd listen.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a drink, tomorrow my plans include work and then watching the women's final of the Aussie Open tennis and Sunday, I want to go back to Phillip Island but I'll probably have to go to the boss/landlord's birthday piss-up. Or I could just stay home and watch Roger Federer win the Open!
Here is where to go to play
Friday, January 25, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Sunday, January 20, 2008
After work I went to the Tav but it was "boy's night" so a few of us girls went off for pizza. When I finally got home at about 9pm there was a little package waiting for me. All the way from Massachusetts. Woohoo!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Janet :)
The photographs are some of my faves :) and the CDs are, dare I say it, AWESOME.
Led Zeppelin recorded live at Southampton University, January 1973.
Love it, love it, love it!!!!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
2. I'm reading Magician by Feist, Dangerous Lady by Martina Cole.
3. I woke up today and thought no more spiders, yeah!
4. Why does it do that?.
5. The last thing I ate was a banana.
6. January... the month of birthdays.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a spider-free bedroom, tomorrow my plans include possibly an AbFab session, although that's not set in concrete and Sunday, I want to who knows, I'm still waiting for the world to surprise me!
Here's the place to play.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
She's done a lot of work in her backyard, extending the dog run for Lily the ever-growing pup, ripping out Wandering Jew by the truckload. A friend with a ute had come by so they'd gone off to the tip by the time I got there. The weeds were disposed of and a load of mulch brought back. So, instead of wandering along the creek I was roped into unloading the mulch. Oh joy.
However, I did take what is turning out to be my favourite Phone photo so far. Tash was extremely co-operative and just stood there while we fixed her up with a cape and then shoved Phone through her collar. Didn't bat an eyelid, just stood there looking resigned to her fate. A Wonder Dog indeed :)
By the time we'd done all that, had lunch, cleaned up, etc., it was time to head off to ma'n'pa's for Mum's birthday tea. According to her passport she turned 73 yesterday but the reality is that she's older than that - either 75 or 76. She won't say.
So, even though I didn't do the photography I wanted, it turned out to be a productive and pleasant day.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
2. I'm most tempted by the urge to just pack up and go. Wherever.
3. Today I want to cool down. Thankfully the cool change has arrived.
4. The last thing I took a picture of was SuperPhone.
5. You and I have memories that go way back, must be all of 12 months worth.
6. The most recent movie I’ve seen that I really enjoyed was The Song Remains The Same.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a bedroom that's not at sauna temperatures, tomorrow my plans include thinking about what to get Mum for her b'day next week and Sunday, I want to I dunno, surprise me world!
Friday, January 11, 2008
1. Born James Patrick Page on Jan 9th 1944, Heston, North London, Middlesex, UK.
2. His first guitar was a 1949 Gibson.
3. At age 14 he appeared on the Search For Stars talent quest programme on British TV.
4. The first band he was in was Red E Lewis and the Red Caps.
5. He played on the 1962 single "The Road to Love" by The Crusaders.
6. Became a regular session muso for Decca Records in 1963.
7. In 1964 he appeared on The Rolling Stones "Heart of Stone", Marianne Fathfull's "As Tears Go By", The Nashville Teens' "Tobacco Road", The Kink's "You Really Got Me".
8. It's estimated that approximately 60% of all recorded rock music in the UK between 1963 and 1966 featured Jimmy Page somewhere in the mix.
9. Joined The Yardbirds in 1965, initially as bass player. but soon switched to electric guitar. The band featured the twin leads of Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck.
10. The Yardbirds disintegrated in 1968 but Page stayed on as The New Yardbirds.
11. Page had worked with John Paul Jones (bass) previously and they soon recruited John Bonham (drums) and Robert Plant (vocals). A new name for the band was adopted - LED ZEPPELIN.
12. The greatest band the world has ever seen reigned supreme until the death of John Bonham in 1980. Blues, rock, folk, they did it all. Check out the soaring eastern-influenced Kashmir as an example of their mastery.
13. Not only did Jimmy Page play guitar (electric, acoustic, 6-string and 12-string) for Led Zeppelin, he also wrote most of the material (in conjunction with Robert Plant and also with the rest of the band), and also produced all the band's material.