Sunday, August 06, 2006

what I'm reading




By Terry Brooks. I read the original Shannara series years ago and decided to read this later trilogy. Book 1 (The Ilse Witch) started off a bit slowly. At first I thought it was all a bit predictable but, once the action got under way, it surprised me. It's a traditional fantasy tale in that there's good versus evil, magic, etc. But the lines between good and evil are rather more blurred than usual. Book 2 (Antrax, which I'm reading now) has thrown up a few interesting twists to keep me interested. I'll be into Book 3 (Morgawr) soon and am keen to see how it all unfolds.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

well, it took me a few minutes to get into your comments, but here I am. Thanks for the report on Deadman's Chest. I can't remember . . . were you always a Johnny Depp fan?

Poor Saints!! Will they be able to do much with all their players hurt?

Happy weekend!!

Julie said...

Johnny Depp is a damn fine actor. I like a lot of his films...Gilbert Grape and Dead Man spring to mind. Plus, he has a nice face. *grin*