Thursday, October 26, 2006

Here it is, 3pm and I've had a total of 4 sales today. Slow as a wet week. The electricians are here doing some work on the wiring - the lights mostly. The way things were just hanging around was illegal so they're making it all legit. Coincidentally the fridge has stopped working. They say it's nothing they've done - of course! Mind you, it's an antique fridge so maybe it's just that its time has come. Mighty suspicious coincidence, if you ask me!

Finally managed to convince eBay that when I requested that our account be closed I meant that I wanted it closed. They didn't like that at all. Tough. It was costing far more to operate than we ever made from it. Serious book buyers don't go to eBay. Now that the lady who ran it has gone there's no need to have the account anymore. If she wants to keep doing it she can start up her own account with her own credit card, not ours.

Bit of a kerfuffle in the gunshop next door earlier today. A man stormed out yelling all sorts of not very nice stuff at the guys inside. Turns out he went ballistic when he tried to buy some ammo and they asked to see some ID. Which they have to do, by law. Seems he didn't like that and got a bit angry. Drove away like a maniac. Makes me wonder what he wanted the ammunition for!!! I don't like having that shop next door. I want to kick them out and use the space for BOOKS! God knows, we've got enough to fill both premises.

No comments: