Wednesday, December 13, 2006

About time I talked about a book...

Just finished Chasing The Dime by Michael Connelly. He's a regular seller here so I thought I'd give him a try, see what all the fuss is about. Pfft! Can't say I was all that impressed.
It's certainly an easy read. The basic premise is about a research chemist, involved in cutting edge medical nanotechnology, who is wrongly accused of murder. It's all a set up, of course. A big pharmaceutical giant wants his technology so frames him for the murder in order to get it. Believable? No. But, the way it's written almost sucked me in for a while there.
The ending is terrible. A shoot-out. The goodies are wounded, the baddies are killed. Crass.
Why is it that Americans (fictional ones in this case) think that the gun is an acceptable way to settle issues?


PS. The smoke haze is back with a vengeance today.

1 comment:

Shirl said...

because we've seen too many Kevin Costner movies???