Thirteen people I would like to meet....
1. Leonardo da Vinci - just to see what makes a genius tick.
2. John Lennon - the best of the Beatles by a country mile.
3. Dorothy Dunnett - one of my favourite authors. I'm in awe of her historical research.
4. Julius Caesar - the major figure in a period of history I've always been attracted to.
5. Gough Whitlam - just to say thanks for freeing up university tuition in the 1970s, thereby allowing me to attend.
6. Elizabeth II - 'cos I admire her resilience.
7. Eleanor of Aquitaine - wife of Henry II, mother of Richard I, John, etc. Another of my favourite historical periods.
8. Robert Jordan - another author. I'd tell him to get a move on with Wheel of Time #12.
9. Jimmy Page - there are many, many musicians I'd love to meet but I'll go with the one who inspired me to pick up the guitar.
10. Kevin Costner - just 'cos he's a hunk.
11. Johnny Depp - in case Kev's not available.
12. J.R.R. Tolkien - author of Lord of the Rings, my all-time favourite book.
13. John Howard - so I could slap his arrogant little face and give him a good kick in the balls.
Wishing to Read Wednesday: Old & New (#8)
14 hours ago