Friday, March 23, 2007

Wild Hogs

Saw this the other night. Very predictable storyline but some genuinely funny, laugh-out-loud moments. John Travolta looked right at home on his Harley but the others, particularly Tim Allen, didn't look at all relaxed in many of the riding scenes. Allen looks downright scared in a couple of scenes - must've been early takes before he got the hang of it. Ray Liotta indulges in some serious overacting as the leader of the bad bikie gang. He shouts every one of his lines.
William H Macy is hilarious as the nerdy computer geek. He has such a face.
The scenery (New Mexico I think) is great.
This is a film to watch when you're after something light 'cos there's no depth to it at all. It's a bit slapsticky and very formulaic but does deliver enough laughs to make it worth watching.

2 comments:

Adi said...

Good review.I agree to most of it but personally you can read my opinion on my blog:-
aditiworld.blogspot.com/

Also ,I am myself a book lover and am passionate about reading. You are lucky,got a chance to work in a book store.

Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by. If you're in Melbourne you can stop by the shop too! Discount for bloggers, haha.