Tuesday, April 24, 2007

oops!

There was a young guy in the shop this afternoon. He'd arrived on a motorcycle which was parked, legitimately, outside the shop. Coppers in a divisional van, parked in front of him, backed right into him. Broke his mudguard and bent their own number plate. Doesn't seem to be any other damage. However, they're still out there. The cops can't leave till their sergeant has been down to view the scene.
The driver's out there saying "but I looked in the mirror, didn't see the bike." Wouldn't hold water if it were a civilian saying it. Also, they walked right past the bike to get to their van.
Me, I'm chuckling, having such a respectful attitude towards authority as I do.

Edit: two hours later and I've just given my witness statement. They're nothing if not thorough with their paperwork! The kid tried to ride home but the bike's steering is bent too. The copper might lose her police driving licence (though not her civilian one) as a result of this.

5 comments:

Shirl said...

I just love love this story! Oops, is right!

Also, is today your birthday? Or did I miss it this year?

Julie said...

Today is the day. Another year older and deeper in debt. :)

Julie said...

That's today here, not there.

Shirl said...

welcome to the real world kiddo!!! older and more in debt is the way to go (or something like that!)

Okay, now I'm confused though. Is it the 23rd or the 24th?

Anyway, Happy happy!

Julie said...

24th