Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ghosts....

Just had a customer in telling me all about the UFOs and ghosts he's seen. I told him there's a ghost in the shop - well, something has to make the doorbell ring for no reason and push books off shelves when there's no-one around. So he's just done a slow walk around the shop looking for cold spots, 'cos that's where the ghost will be, he says. There might possibly be one lurking in the Horror section he says. (Well, where else would it be?)
When I lived with the G-man there was definitely a ghost in that house. We could, regularly, hear its footsteps walking up and down the passage. I remember once we heard the footsteps and ignored them - "ghost," we said, - and then a real live person came in through the door. Now that was scary!

Any ghosts in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

Shirl said...

well, I don't really believe in ghosts, but if I did, I'd believe they're out here at the farm. I was sitting in my office, working on the computer. The office is just off the dining room. The door next to the office opens out onto the front porch. It was about 10 at night. I thought I had locked the front door. The porch windows and door were all latched. Slowly, the door opened! It set off the alarm, but nothing was there. Unless . . .
but nope, I don't believe in ghosts.

Janet said...

I do think there's a ghost in my house...she doesn't come around very often, tho.

My friend, MaryEllen sees, hears and talks to ghosts...it started after her sister passed away. My mother has talked to her!

Julie said...

Unless indeed, Shirl.