Friday, May 04, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9

Things I like beginning with B:

1. Books - well, duh!
2. Byron Bay - I'd go back there in a flash.
3. Baker's Delight Turkish rolls - I have one just about every day for lunch.
4. Birds - actually, I don't care for birds all that much but I have been taking a lot of bird pics lately.
5. Blues'n'Roots Fest - at Byron Bay. Fantastic event.
6. Balls - footballs, soccer balls, tennis balls, ;)
7. Baggins - there's more to a hobbit than meets the eye.
8. Bananas - my favourite fruit.
9. Blue - favourite colour
10. Bed - who doesn't love their bed?
11. Beach - don't get there often enough. Strangely, I don't like sand. I think it's the ocean that draws me to the beach.
12. Bob Smith - The Cure maestro. 'Nuff said.
13. Blues - especially blues guitar.
T13

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my bed...and sleeping, of course...that's why my TT posting is about sleeping.

;-)

Shirl said...

Let's see if I can find 13:

babies
barbecue
beaches: what's up with you and sand? that's funny!
Brad Pitt, though not so much anymore
birthdays: Others, that is
BLT's
Beds
Broad Shoulders
Bible
Bone China
ballads
blokes
Books. Oh geez! I had to cheat and look at yours to get that. I'm slipping!

Janet said...

Bilbo Baggins!

(...Gandalf drives up to Bag End and stops in front of the gate. He walks up to the door and knocks it with his staff. A voice is heard from inside)

Bilbo: No thank you! We don't want any more visitors, well-wishers or distant relations!

Gandalf: And what about very old friends?

(Door opens and Bilbo stares at Gandalf in disbelief)

Bilbo: Gandalf?

Gandalf: Bilbo Baggins!

Bilbo: My dear Gandalf!

(They give each other a big hug)

Gandalf: Good to see you! One hundred and eleven years old --who would believe it? You haven't aged a day.

(Bilbo runs inside, holding the door open for Gandalf)

Bilbo: Come on, come in! Welcome, welcome!

(He takes Gandalf’s hat and staff)

Bilbo: Tea? Or maybe something a little stronger? I've got a few bottles of the Old Winyard left. 1296 --very good year. Almost as old as I am! Hahaha! It was laid down by my father. What say we open one, eh?

Gandalf: Just tea, thank you.

Julie said...

Now if I wasn't here in the shop I'd put the DVD straight on!

Julie said...

Shirl, you're allowed to like books. I'll let you *grin*

Shirl said...

thanks for sharing books, Roo **grin**