Friday, July 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen#16

Things I like beginning with M:

1. Muriel - we don't always agree on a lot of stuff but, what the hell, she's me Mum.
2. Misty Mountain Hop - "So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains where the spirits go now, over the hills where the spirits fly." Led Zep and Tolkien all in one!
3. Misty Mountains, Mirkwood, Moria, Mordor - I think you know where I am.
4. Melbourne - great place to live, despite the nasty weather we have at the moment.
5. Moiraine - a central character in the early Wheel of Time books. Is she really dead or will she reappear in Book 12???
6. Magic - do you believe?
7. Minestrone - perfect on these cold winter nights. "Life is a minestrone, served up with parmesan cheese. Death is a cold lasagne, suspended in deep freeze." - 10cc
8. Monkees - I used to be so in love with Mike Nesmith. When I was 12.
9. Moorabbin - home of the mighty Saints! Oh the frustration.
10. Manchester - Joy Division, New Order, Smiths, Oasis, etc - so many good bands came from there, back in the good old days.
11. Michigan - home of Shirl, my oldest (as in time known, not age!) and dearest internet friend.
12. Me - I'm okay sometimes.
13. MJ Arcadia Books - the best bookshop in the universe!
T13

14 comments:

Janet said...

I believe.

And while I always thought you were cool, now I know for sure - #8!

Julie said...

Hahaha, I nearly didn't put them in 'cos I thought it might be a bit embarrassing.

Diane and Jack said...

Good List this week.

Davey Jones here. (did I just say that out loud?!)

Julie said...

Hahaha, everyone's falling out of the closet.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That was a very interesting list.
Thanks for the visit.

Julie said...

Thanks, and you're welcome.

Jenny McB said...

If you don't believe in Magic, what else is worth believing in?

I didn't read the Wheel of Time, but my middle guy loved the series! Good list!

Thanks for stopping by my fartastic blog this week!

Julie said...

Exactly jenny.
Thanks for the return visit.

Shirl said...

just think of the good you've done for the world, Julie, enpowering people to say they believed!

Shirl said...

My M's.
Michigan
Montana
Muskegon
Missouri River
Mississippi River
Manitou Islands
M&MS
Melbourne. Because of you *grin* thanks for clarifying the age thingee **BIGGER GRIN**
Mom
Men
Mathematics
Melodis
Moon

Julie said...

Maths? Ewww Shirl. Ugh!
The rest sounds fine, but maths. *shudder*

Robin said...

The Monkees made my list this week too. I love 'em and I'm proud. Say it with me :).

Sudeaux Lux said...

No Monkee comment here, just a big thanks for putting Misty Mtn Hop in my mind; specifically John Bonham's hellacious drumming.

...Oooo--ooo, ooo--ooohooooo.. I really don't kno-oh- oh-oh oh-oh...

Julie said...

There's a show on RRR that has "drummer of the month". Each month a different drummer comes in a spins tracks from his favourite/most influential drummers. John Bonham features almost every month. One of the truly great sticksmen. The opening to When The Levee Breaks is still spine-tingling after all these years.