Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What a weekend!

The Medieval night was a great success. The pumpkin soup and mulled wine were real hits. However, I nearly came to blows with one supid woman who tried to take over my kitchen - that's just not on, dear. People around me thought I showed great restraint in the face of overwhelming provocation! Hehe, it made for some good laughs later on.
The rest of the night was excellent - people all sat down together for dinner and all thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I took some photos, which I haven't even looked at yet - if any are worth posting I'll do that later. My camera was being very disobedient so I put it away quite early on. Also, I didn't want to have it out after I'd had a few drinks. So there might be some pics later. I know that Laura took some too so I might get some of hers as well.
It took three of us three hours to clean up on Sunday morning!
And then we were off to the Tav to celebrate another friend's 60th birthday. Later in the evening a few people came back to our place and we had leftover soup and beef.
I'm a touch weary this morning!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh, I'm glad you had a good time!!!