Friday, November 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen highlights of the Queenscliff Music Festival:

1. I wasn't at work!!!!!
2. My Friend The Chocolate Cake - keyboard, drums, bass, acoustic guitar, violin and cello, David Bridie's beautiful voice. Beautiful music on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
3. Renee Geyer and Rebecca Barnard - two great soulful voices on stage together.
4. Dan Sultan - young Aboriginal guy with a BIG voice. Rather a sexy hip swivel too :)
5. Mia Dyson, Chris Wilson, Ross Hannaford, backed by the Unconscious Brothers - nice work!
6. The Blues Train - such a great idea. Shame I couldn't stay awake for the return trip.
7. The ferry trip across the bay. I just love being on the water.
8. Ethanol - rocky, funky band on the small outside stage, Saturday afternoon. The guitarist had just a touch of Jimmy Page about his playing. I only meant to sit down for 5 minutes but stayed for the whole set.
9. The campsite - Point Lonsdale is so much more relaxed than the main Queenscliff site. Fewer people, no security thugs, plenty of room for us all to spread out.
10. The variety - I could wander from stage to stage and catch all sorts of different acts. Some I moved on from, others I stayed and watched for the duration. There was no shortage of music to choose from.
11. The weather - just perfect. Not too hot during the day, not too cold at night and the rain held off (unlike Byron Bay when it rained, heavily, nonstop for 5 days!).
12. The food and drink - far too much of the latter!
13. The euphoria that swept the whole festival when it became clear that Labor had won the election. You could almost touch it. The whole festival just went up a gear into sheer bliss!
T13
Queenscliff Music Festival

2 comments:

Janet said...

Those gates are AWESOME!!! No pics of any of the bands?

Julie said...

I didn't take the camera with me most of the time, only on the Sunday and then we just did the Blues Train before leaving for home.