Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The weekend.....

was excellent.
Today I feel like I've been hit by a bus!
I took a heap of photos but haven't looked at them yet, still transfering onto the computer as I type.
On Friday we got to Sorrento with one minute to spare to catch the ferry across to Queenscliff. The trip across the bay takes about 30 or 40 minutes and then we were there. The early arrivals had already set up the kitchen area so I just had to put up my tent. Then the party started!
Saw so much music. On Saturday we headed down after breakfast and I watched various acts from midday through till about 5.30pm. Got a bit sunburnt during the day. Then, back to camp to change into warmer clothes for the evening. Back down to the festival site by about 7. Yet more music till about 11. By then I'd had enough and headed back to bed.
On Sunday we packed up and then went into Point Lonsdale for breakfast and then into the festival. We caught the Blues Train. This is an old steam train with 4 carriages. It does a 25 minute trip to another station then turns round and comes back. In each carriage there's live music. At the halfway stop everyone changes carriages and gets a different act for the return trip. I think I fell asleep on the way back :)
Then we drove home.
A great weekend!

2 comments:

Shirl said...

woohoo! sounds like a wonderful vacation. Welcome back!!!

Julie said...

Thanks Shirl. It was certainly a fantastic break. Took way too many pics of the bay - will edit those severely. I'll put Friday's up today, Saturday's tomorrow, then Sunday's. I didn't take the camera to the actual festival site till Sunday.