Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yesterday.....

I went up to Warburton to visit Clare who's still Georgialess. My intention was for us to go across to the creek in the forest and do some spectacular photography. :) Best laid plans of mice and men.....
She's done a lot of work in her backyard, extending the dog run for Lily the ever-growing pup, ripping out Wandering Jew by the truckload. A friend with a ute had come by so they'd gone off to the tip by the time I got there. The weeds were disposed of and a load of mulch brought back. So, instead of wandering along the creek I was roped into unloading the mulch. Oh joy.
However, I did take what is turning out to be my favourite Phone photo so far. Tash was extremely co-operative and just stood there while we fixed her up with a cape and then shoved Phone through her collar. Didn't bat an eyelid, just stood there looking resigned to her fate. A Wonder Dog indeed :)
By the time we'd done all that, had lunch, cleaned up, etc., it was time to head off to ma'n'pa's for Mum's birthday tea. According to her passport she turned 73 yesterday but the reality is that she's older than that - either 75 or 76. She won't say.
So, even though I didn't do the photography I wanted, it turned out to be a productive and pleasant day.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janet said...

I'm reminded of the judge in My Cousin Vinny when he asks, "What's a ute?"

Nice picture of Mum!!!

Julie said...

I think you'd call a ute a pick-up.

Shirl said...

it sounds like it was a great day . .