Thirteen of the books currently sitting on the desk waiting to be processed and shelved:
1. The Seven Ordeals of Count Cagliostro - Iain McCalman.
Who was Count Cagliostro? A great healer and mystic, or a dangerous charlatan whose revolutionary notions and influences threatened to undermine the monarchies of France and Russia?
2. Satan's Church - Cam Lavac.
A religious thriller along the lines of The Da Vinci Code by the looks of it.
3. The Joachim Berendt Jazz Book - Joachim Berendt.
A book about Jazz!
4. A Line In The Sand - Gerald Seymour.
Thriller with Iranian baddies.
5.Treasure Islands - Pamela Stephenson.
Travel book. Sailing the South Seas in the wake of Fanny and Robert Louis Stevenson.
6. The Popular Voice - Derek Jewell
A musical record of the 60s and 70s.
7. Now and Then - Joseph Heller.
A Memoir from Coney Island to Here.
8. Galileo's Daughter - Dava Sobel
Biographical study of Galileo, the scientist, and his daughter, a nun. Based on her letters.
9. 1610 A Sundial in a Grave - Mary Gentle.
10. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden.
The life of a geisha in Japan from 1929 to the 1950s.
11. Double Disillusion - Rod Quantock.
Musings from a rebel comic. (Very funny one at that.)
12. The Green Mile - Stephen King.
The complete serial in one novel.
13. The Fellowship of the Ring - JRR Tolkien.
First book of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. A must-read.
7 hours ago