Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are an Ingrid!
You are an Ingrid -- "I am unique"
Ingrids have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me. But don't be surprised if I disagree with you.
- * Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself. This could apply to everyone I think.
- * Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision. I wonder what I did with them?
- * Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little. Don't we all?
- * Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting! Because I might cry!
What I Like About Being an Ingrid
- * my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level eh?
- * my ability to establish warm connections with people hmmm
- * admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life don't we all?
- * my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor I've never thought of myself as creative.
- * being unique and being seen as unique by others One of me is more than enough!
- * having aesthetic sensibilities Does this mean I know what I like?
- * being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me Usually.
What's Hard About Being an Ingrid
- * experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair Yep
- * feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved Yep again
- * feeling guilty when I disappoint people Always
- * feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me If it's about something important.
- * expecting too much from myself and life Not any more. I've given up on expecting anything.
- * fearing being abandoned I'm over that now
- * obsessing over resentments Obsessing is too strong a word. Overstates the case.
- * longing for what I don't have That '59 Les Paul :)
Ingrids as Children Often
- * have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games eh
- * are very sensitive Possibly, though I think most children are like that.
- * feel that they don't fit in 'Cos it's true.
- * believe they are missing something that other people have The grass is aalways greener....
- * attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc. Come on over Jimmy and I'll attach myself to you :)
- * become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood Oh yeah!
- * feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce) My parents are both still well and truly alive and still married to each other.
Ingrids as Parents Not applicable
- * help their children become who they really are
- * support their children's creativity and originality
- * are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
- * are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
- * are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed