Saturday, September 22, 2007

Birthday/Wikipedia meme

(Not that I think Wikipedia is all that reliable.)

Seen at Diane's
Search your birthdate (excluding the year) on Wikipedia and list 3 events, 2 births and 1 holiday.
Here's mine for 24/4:
Events:
1. 1184BC - The Greeks enter Troy using the Trojan Horse (tho' I suspect the actual day this happened is speculative.)
2. 1916 - Beginning of the Easter Rising in Ireland
3. 1990 - Gruinard Island, Scotland, is officially declared free of anthrax after 48 years of quarantine.
Births:
1. 1934 - Shirley Maclaine
2. 1957 - Boris Williams, drummer for The Cure 1984-93 (Yeah!)
Holiday: (and there's a whole three to choose from)
1. Australia - Kapyong Day. A day of remembrance for Korean War veterans, named after the Battle of Kapyong in 1951. (I've never heard of this day.)

4 comments:

Janet said...

hahaha for #3,,,and I don't know why!

Julie said...

I thought it was funny too. Quarantine for 48 years - I bet they just forgot about it.

Diane and Jack said...

Interesting on #1 and how cool about Boris Williams.
lol

you are two days before my second one and one before my mom.

Julie said...

Yeah, I was pretty happy with that Cure connection. :)