Thursday, February 21, 2008

oh yeah, I forgot.....

Yesterday I ran into a friend who gave up smoking a couple of years ago. She told me that she did a course. It's one day, costs about $500. It's guaranteed to work or your money is refunded - you have to prove that it hasn't worked of course. The only drawback, to me at this stage, is that you have to take a packet with you and smoke it all during the day. She told me that when she did it she was like me - in the process of giving up already. Apparently, the two groups who are most likely to fail are those who've already started to give up (damn!) and those faced with amputation. (I'd have thought the latter wouldn't need any encouragement to give up whatsoever.)
Anyway, my friend did the course and now feels sick when she just catches a whiff of cigarette smoke.
So, if it's getting towards my deadline and I'm still pissfarting about I might investigate this course more closely.

Also, I worked out that the macro lens I want is equivalent to about 80 packs. So, provided I save that money and don't spend it on other stuff, I should have a macro lens in 80 days. :)

And Janet, this is for you:
Tequila Sunrise rose

4 comments:

Janet said...

Awwwww, thank you!!! It's absolutely beautiful and better than the valium I thought I so desparately needed today :-)

btw...that course...I do believe Stephen King wrote a book about it!

Julie said...

Which book?

Janet said...

Quitter's Inc. ;-)

Sue said...

Honestly it will be one of the toughest things you do but after 10 or so tries to quit, I finally did it permanently. It has been seven years. The first thing I did was write a letter to my newly born niece that I was doing it for her and put it in her scrapbook. Then I used the patch. I followed the patch program ALL THE WAY through. It is easy halfway through to say, yeah I got it and stop but everytime I did that, I started up again. Following the entire program will bring you to the point that you absolutely hate the smell.....so I still feel like a cigarette would be good....oh yeah on really bad days but just the thought of smelling the way smokers smell to me now stops me.........Good Luck!! Janet sent me :)