Thirteen things I can buy with $12.
1. 8 or 9 litres of petrol, depending on what day it is.
2. 6 litres of milk.
3. 2 packets of Scarborough Fair, Fair Trade organic coffee.
4. Half a new book, or one third if it's trade size.
5. 36 pieces of Nicabate gum.
6. One kilo of free range, chemical and hormone free, chicken breasts.
7. A movie ticket.
8. 5 or 6 kilos of bananas.
9. A whole bunch of vegies, although as the drought persists the bunch is getting smaller.
10. Almost half a CD.
11. A decent bottle of red wine.
12. One 80th of a Canon macro lens.
13. A packet of cigarettes.
7 hours ago