Saturday, June 30, 2007
2. Occasionally, The Cure make it to Australia. August 12th. Yeah! Cannot wait!!!.
3. Unexpected encounters can be interesting!
4. If I remember rightly, sex is great, too!
5. Where do you shop when you want that special birthday present?.
6. Oh my god, he just bought a book!
7. What are you doing this weekend? Tonight I'm looking forward to red wine and the football on TV, tomorrow my plans include dinner for Paula's birthday and Sunday, I want to find somewhere great to take photographs 'cos I have the day off!
Friday, June 29, 2007
1. John - my dad. :)
2. James - my eldest nephew.
3. Jimmy Page - guitar hero numero uno.
4. Jack Sparrow - sexiest pirate ever.
5. Jordan, Robert - author of the Wheel of Time series. I just wish he'd hurry up with #12, the last book.
6. John Ronald Reuel Tolkien - I've lost count of how many times I've read Lord of the Rings. Love it to death.
7. Johnnie Walker - unfortunately, I can only ever afford the red label.
8. Jacuzzi - haven't got one but I sure would like one.
9. Jamming - on the geetar. Don't do it often enough these days.
10. John Lennon - another hero. A life cut tragically short. I often wonder how he would have approached the Iraq debacle and whether he'd have made a difference. I like to think he would have.
11. Joy Division - great band. Another life cut short. :(
12. Just Like Heaven - a Cure track I'm hoping to hear live very soon!!!!
13. Janet/Percy/Mrs Jack - Likes Led Zep, Tolkien, Pirates so how could you go wrong?. Lotsa fun! :)
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Click on the download button and Holly will sing to you. She's my eldest niece. When the harmony kicks in, that's her too. She was 15 or 16 when this was recorded (she's 21 now).
Please have a listen.
(It's a Quicktime thing so I hope you have that on your computer!)
NB. Holly went to the same school as Georgia does. The music ensemble is another thing they do exceptionally well.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
- Compulsion :: Obsessive compulsion disorder, or whatever it's called
- Spiritual :: scotchism, vodkaism - oh, not that sort of spiritual?
- Spray :: hair
- Compatibility :: fit together
- Pursuit :: hot
- Fake :: false
- Mobile :: phone
- Ceremony :: an old New order song
- Ribbons :: hair (again)
- Mozart :: Salieri
Sunday, June 24, 2007
The kids in the house, and their friends, prank each other by leaving food on the car. They sneak around in the middle of the night to leave a calling card such as this. Obviously, last night was Kylie's turn to be sausaged, as they call it. The only rule they have is that you can't leave something that will damage the car's paint or that requires more than a quick wipe to clean off. I think it's hilarious.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Childbirth Hospital? That's scary.
Wealthville and TravelWorld sound much more inviting.
Friday, June 22, 2007
1. Ice - preferably in a good scotch or vodka.
2. Inside - best place to be in winter.
3. In My Time of Dying - great, great tune off Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin.
4. In the Light - ditto.
5. Intuition - trust it.
6. Intelligence - I think I have some, even if I don't always use it.
7. Ireland - a place I'd like to visit.
8. Igloos - dunno why, I just think they're cool.
9. Isengard - have to throw in a Tolkien reference somewhere along the line. :)
10. Intimacy - I could do with some.
11. Illuminated letters - I love these in the old medieval manuscripts.
12. Idiosyncracies - everyone has their own. Some are endearing, some are not.
13. Illumination - I prefer to be able to see what I'm doing. (Well, not always. ;))
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Here are some random shots from the 99 (yes, 99) that I took...
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Got a free sample in the mail - a plastic bookmark that slides on to the back cover and has a flexible plastic arm to mark your page.
I tried it out and noticed two things straight away:
1. It put nasty creases in the book's cover
2. The piece that holds it on the cover slides up and the arm pops out of the marked page - it doesn't stay in place.
So, if you see this somewhere and think it looks nifty, don't.
Monday, June 18, 2007
- Riding :: little red riding hood
- Actress :: cate blanchett
- Flowers :: make good photography subjects
- Making :: do
- Robot :: I, Robot - Asimov
- Enjoy :: it while you can
- Identify :: name
- 22 :: comes between 21 and 23
- Busy :: bee
- Forward :: line
Sunday, June 17, 2007
(If you click on it it's big enough to read.)
Saturday, June 16, 2007
1. She loves barns, the darker the better!
2. He loves all types of you know, I've just realised that the blogs I read regularly are all written by women.
3. This blogger misses her partner. But she's getting stronger every day.
4. Unfortunately, she's lost the plot lately! (No Percy, no Johnny. Girl's gone mad.)
5. Flickr is not her strong suit; in fact I do believe I haven't seen a new photo from her in ages, ho hum.
6. Her farm fascinates me; I love that country air smell (and tastes) of the great outdoors!
7. What are you doing this weekend? Tonight I'm looking forward to visitors from out of town, tomorrow my plans include going to my nephew's birthday tea and Sunday, I want to do absolutely nothing, but I'll have to work!
It was about 2 degrees outside when I opened up this morning. Currently 15 celsius inside the shop. Brrrr!
Friday, June 15, 2007
1. Hands - useful things. Though I'm not so fond of mine - I'd dearly love to have longer fingers!
2. Heartbreaker - one of my favourite Led Zeppelin tunes. Great guitar riff.
3. Houses of the Holy - while we're on the subject of the mighty Zep. Album #5.
4. Harvey, Robert - my favourite footballer. Go Saints!
5. Hearing - I'd be lost without mine.
6. Holidays - who doesn't love a holiday? I'm planning a real big one in 3 years time.
7. Hibiscus - lovely flowers.
8. Holly - niece with the voice of angels.
9. Hobbits - a favourite fictional creation.
10. Hobbiton - if it were a real place I'd visit there too.
11. Home - I've had several over the years but, I think, real home is where the family is.
12. Harvest - another favourite album (by Neil Young).
13. (Like a) Hurricane - a great Neil Young tune. More great guitar work.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
"Would you like dinner?" the flight attendant asked John, seated in front.
"What are my choices?" John asked.
"Yes or no," she replied.
A flight attendant was stationed at the departure gate to check tickets.
As a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket and he opened his trench coat and flashed her. Without missing a beat, she said, "Sir, I need to see your ticket not your stub."
A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store but she couldn't find one big enough for her family.
She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?"
The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."
The cop got out of his car and the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window.
"I've been waiting for you all day," the cop said.
The kid replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could."
When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.
A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that
reads, "Low Bridge Ahead." Before he knows it, the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge.
Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck, huh?" The truck driver says, "No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas."
A college teacher reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam. "Now class, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow.
I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury, illness, or a death in your immediate family, but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!"
A smart-ass guy in the back of the room raised his hand and asked, "What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?" The entire class is reduced to laughter and snickering. When silence is restored, the teacher smiles knowingly at the student, shakes her head and sweetly says, "Well, I guess you'd have to write the exam with your other hand."
Never in my life have I: been to Las Vegas or anywhere else in the USA.
High school was: where I spent most of my life.
When I am nervous: I get a bit panicky.
My hair: is desperately in need of some attention.
When I was 5: I was living in Liverpool, England.
By this time next year: maybe the Saints might be winning more games than they are now.
My favorite aunt is: thousands of miles away.
I have a hard time understanding: war.
You know I like you if: I talk to you.
My ideal breakfast is: bacon, eggs and mushrooms.
If you visit my hometown: I'll take you all over to see the sights.
If you spend the night at my house: I'd be pleased.
My favorite blond is: My niece Taya.
My favorite brunette is: My other niece Georgia.
The animal I would like to see flying is: a phoenix.
I shouldn't have been: so stubborn.
Last night: was extremely cold. Winter is upon us.
I've been told I look like: my younger sister Clare.
If I could have any car it would be: Well, I love my Corolla and it's a keeper but I could have a Ferrari as well.
from Mrs Jack
Monday, June 11, 2007
We have advertised in the local paper but it's horribly expensive and really didn't increase trade enough to warrant the cost. We do have a listing in the Yellow Pages and that brings in quite a few phone enquiries - some which result in sales.
The main problem, I think, is location. This used to be a busy street but since the post office and banks moved it's died. There's no other retail here to draw people. There is the gun shop but that's more of a deterrent to many people. The paint shop mainly deals with trade orders. Otherwise, there's a laundrette and real estate agencies. Plus there's very limited parking out the front here.
I really think that if we can find a place in a better location we can resurrect the business.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Saturday, June 09, 2007
|You Are Sauvignon Blanc|
Engaging and energetic, you have a lot to offer the world - most of it they've never seen anywhere else!
You are the type of person who carves your own path in life... and you invite everyone else to come along.
The only thing predictable about you is that you could have anything up your sleeve.
You're all about sampling all of life's experiences. Both the savory and unsavory ones.
Deep down you are: Laid back and young at heart
Your partying style: Anything goes... seriously!
Your company is enjoyed best with: Smoked meats or spicy food
I don't drink much white anymore.
1. The first thing I'll do when I get to Vegas will involve gambling.
2. The LAST think I'll do when I leave Vegas will be curse the casinos for taking my money.
3. Being somewhere different is the thing I'm most looking forward to in Vegas.
4. Although it will be hot in June in Vegas Mrs Jack's birthday celebrations will be even hotter!
5. The reason I chose Vegas was/is why not?.
6. Nobody's, sadly, just sent me a cheque!
7. Finally some time off from work! Tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping, tomorrow my plans include nothing at all exciting :( and Sunday, I want to watch the Saints have a win for once!
From Mrs Jack
Friday, June 08, 2007
1. G-Man - friends now that the past is in the past.
2. Gnocchi - preferably home-made with a creamy mushroom sauce.
3. Guitars - acoustic, electric, whatever.
4. Gibson - '59 Les Paul is my dream guitar. Am willing to accept donations. :)
5. Gandhi - a truly admirable, inspiring person.
6. Gardens - lots of good photo ops in a good, or even a bad, garden. But I'm a terrible gardener. :(
7. Games - card games, ball games, computer games, board games. But not mind games!
8. Georgia - niece with attitude.
9. Golf - I can't play but it keeps my (almost) 78 year old dad fit and active, so that's got to be a good thing.
10. Getting out - don't do it often enough. Since buying my camera I've made more of an effort to get out and about. :)
11. Grants - not a bad scotch (for a blend, not single malt).
12. Great Ocean Road - head south then west from Melbourne and travel the Great Ocean Road along the south coast. Fantastic ocean views and the Twelve Apostles.
13. Gandalf - a truly heroic creation. One of my favourite fictional characters.
Thursday, June 07, 2007
The books are now all processed, priced and shelved. Phew!